Lookin for that special car

To: "'BRITISH CARS'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Lookin for that special car
From: Wes Grady <wesgrady@csbh.mhv.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 1996 12:04:56 -0500
Greetings gentlemen and gentleladies.  I am new to this group, although =
I hang out over in the MG group quite a bit and have been active in the =
Jaguar group as well.

I am currently finishing a ground-up on a '56 MGA as a surprise birthday =
present for my wife and since that will free up some time and money, I =
have decided that I deserve a car as well.  I am looking for a good, =
complete car that has not been restored, or that is an older restoration =
or even an amateur restoration that went bad.  See, I intend to restore =
the car and half of the fun of owning the car is knowing what was done =
to it and being able to take credit for it.  Therefore, I am not =
interested in a car that has already been completed.  I am also not =
interested in cars that are beyond restoration, that are incomplete to =
the point where it is uneconomical to find the parts and restore the =
car, or cars that are so overpriced that it is almost funny.

Now, the biggest problem.  See, I have this little <g> problem.  I am a =
gourmet cook and love to eat.  I have managed to gain a substantial =
stature over the years and currently find myself at 6'2" and about 280#. =
 Not really fat, but real big.  I wear a 52 long coat and an 18 x 37", =
tall, shirt to give you some idea.  I can't fit in a lot of LBCs, so I =
need something that is large enough to accommodate me in some comfort.  =
I know that an XK120-140-150 will work, and suspect that a Healy 3000 or =
Jensen Healy would work.  I know that MGAs and that a Triumph TR2-3 =
won't.

If you have, or know of such a beast, please e-mail me with the =
particulars.  I am located on the east bank of the Hudson River, about 2 =
hours north of the tip of Manhattan (That's New York City for those out =
of the loop) and would prefer to find something within a couple of =
hundred miles of here.

I have subscribed to this group and will probably hang out here for a =
while, or until you guys throw me out!

Thanks.