Re:

To: jblair@nhr.com (John T. Blair), morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:
From: claude@wolfenet.com (Claude Dennis)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 09:47:40 -0800 (PST)
John:

For what its worth, heres what I did on my
67 4/4.

The Morgan club magazine discussed this problem
and concluded that the cars tend to generate a
high pressure area under the bonnet at speed.  Thus,
airflow through the radiator is inhibited.  The guy
that wrote the article worked for Kenworth and had
the Kenworth engineers analyize the problem.

Their suggestion was to construct a rectangular sheet metal
plate to fasten to the front crossmember below the radiator.
This prevents airflow into the engine compartment unless
through the radiator.  They also suggested a coolant recovery
tank.

I did both and have 0 cooling problems.

Regards

Claude Dennis