Re: Dashpots

To: gdm@po.cwru.edu
Subject: Re: Dashpots
From: "Blair, John" <JBLAIR@hermes.massolant.navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 11:11:03 -0500
Dave writes:

> I would like to know what those in the know use for dashpot oil. The guy I
> purchased from said to use AT fluid-Comments or suggestions for alterantives
> would be appreciated.
> Thanks.

You can use just about anything.  For years I used
standard motor oil (10W30).  The thing to remember is
that the thicker the fluid, the slower the acceleration.
The thinner the fluid the better the acceleration.  But
you will have to keep an eye on the dash pot fluid
level more often as it has a tendency to evaporate
faster.

John

John

 John T. Blair  (WA4OHZ)  - jblair@massolant.navy.mil
 NAVMASSO Code 331        - Phone (804) 523-8133 (Comm)
 1441 Crossways Blvd.                   565-8133 (DSN)
 Chesapeake, VA. 23320-2843