Re: RE-Air Cleaner?

To: sgilbert@macserv1.wpusd.k12.ca.us
Subject: Re: RE-Air Cleaner?
From: RCooperman@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 09:40:29 -0400

>Subj:  RE-Air Cleaner?
>Date:  96-06-11 14:17:03 EDT
>From:  sgilbert@macserv1.wpusd.k12.ca.us (sgilbert)
>Sender:        owner-morgans@triumph.cs.utah.edu
>To:    morgans@autox.team.net
>
>Hi.
>
>I am new to net AND have a "new" 67 4/4 with crossflow eng. and webber
>downdraft carb... with no air cleaner.
>
>Have any of you had any luck fitting one?  Should I worry about it???
>
>Also... where is best place for parts?   I have Ruters Catalog.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve Gilbert

Steve,

I have the same engine in my car with the original air filter installed on
the Weber carb.  It roughly is two flat disks about 8" in diameter vertically
separated by about 2".  In between the disks is metal mesh that one oils.
 Does that help??  I could take some pictures if you like.

You might contact BAT engineering in Florida - they have all sorts of parts
for the 1600cc cross-flow engine.  Was your car originally equipped with the
cross-flow??

Richard
'67 Morgan 4/4 RHD