(Fwd) Re: New Morganeer

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: (Fwd) Re: New Morganeer
From: st005663@stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 10:39:51 +0000
From:          Self <Single-user mode>
To:            Majordomo@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject:       Re: New Morganeer
Date:          Sun, 16 Jun 1996 10:35:48

I am a new subscriber and recent owner/caretaker of a restored 1939
4-4, chasis #803.  It was registered in the UK as FLJ893 and appears,
to my delight, on the rear cover of the Brooklands Gold Portfolio,
Morgan Four-4 and Plus-4, 1936-1969.  I hope some of you can give me
its UK history and former owners.  What I know:
     Left factory for an agent in March 1939 with a Coventry Climax
1098 cc 'competition' engine.  Apparently first registered on the
road in 1941.
     Apparently found in a barn in Kent and restoration completed in
1979.  By whom?  Restoration brought her up to Series V mechanical
specs. (1500cc Cortina GT blueprinted engine and drive-train, disk
brakes).
     Brought to New Zealand by the immediate past owner in 1984.

She's a particularily solid and fine performer (terrific acceleration
and handling) in pristine condition throughout, which I named
Prudence in honor of Prudence Fawcett.

Any help with her history will be gratefully received.

Cheers

Raymond E Siatkowski, KCStS, BEE, DMD
Senior Lecturer, Department of Orthodontics
University of Otago
P.O. Box 647
Dunedin, New Zealand

Tel: 64-3-479-7068