Bullet box?

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Bullet box?
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 07:56:18 -0400
Fellow fiends:

I was at the Mid-Ohio vintage races this past weekend and naturally kept an
eye out for the Mogs.  I don't have an accurate account but at least four
competed.  I spent some time talking to a fellow with a mid-60's 4/4 (after
all, that's the thinking man's Morgan).  I was quite impressed with his car
and his driving: this is "gentleman" racing at these events but he was going
at it pretty well and giving a good showing for the marque.  I was curious
about the tranny he used in his car.  He does not have the original
push-pull tranny (cortina?) but something he called a "bullet box."  It has
the more typical shifter coming up from the tunnel and has a **very** short
throw.  I'm sure it is much quicker than the push-pull linkage and box.

Has anyone heard of this?  I didn't ask for details at the time but wished I
had.

Will