More on Air Filters

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: More on Air Filters
From: apicciotto@wccusd.k12.ca.us (Armando Picciotto)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 12:33:05 +0000
Any time I'm in a bookstore I have to take a look at their selection
of classic car books, especially those dealing with british cars.
This weekend I was browsing through a volume on Triumph restoration
and there was a photograph of a neglected, rusty, TR3 engine with a
caption from the author which, among other things, said "... and
notice how the SU carbs do not have any air filters, and nothing can
shorten the life of an engine more than running it without air
filters."  Now we all know that many +4's with the TR3 engine do not
have room for air filters and are run this way (at least mine is).
Anyone care to comment?

Armando Picciotto
'63 +4