+4 air filtration

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: +4 air filtration
From: gdm@po.cwru.edu (G D. Mc Coy)
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 16:43:55 -0400
Thanks to all of you for your input. I decided to go with the parts
supplied bt M Reutter which is the same as the factory providided. It is
essentially a manifold which bolts to both SU's. The ait intake faces aft
and is fitted with a simple oil soaked air filter similiar to what we used
to have on lawn mowers!. All that was needed was gaskets for the interface
between manifold and SU air intakes.  I opted for cork (OK?) and not having
gotten to Johns resto tips, I needed a template for the gasket. I must
admit using Al foil is an excellent way however I was able to do a "carb
rubbing" with a piece of paper. This worked well for me. BTW the car sounds
better ie less sucking, and acceleration is definatly smoother.
The cost delivered from MR was ~98 pounds which always sounds like a bargin
until I get the Master Card bill in Bucks!

Dave McCoy

--
G. David McCoy, PhD    Dept. of Environmental Health Sciences
gdm@po.cwru.edu        School of Medicine