Dashboard finish

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Dashboard finish
From: pdburket@intrepid.net (David & Pat)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 09:38:31 -0400
Bob,

A reply to your question regarding a finish for your dash.  I sanded my old
dash down and applied multiple coats of tung oil. (about 10 t0 12) Each
coat of tung oil was lightly brushed on and then wiped down with a soft
clean cotton rag.  I waited 24 hours between each coat and would then would
give it a sanding with 400 grit sandpaper.  this method gave the wood a
beautiful satin finish that might need a one layer freshnig per year.
There were a few cracks in the wood when I started.  These cracks were gone
by the time I had done about 5 coats.

Morganphile dittos,

David