Bleeding Brakes

To: British-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Bleeding Brakes
From: DCMasters@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 17:11:00 -0400
If anyone can give me some advice on why I'm having trouble bleeding the
brakes on my car I sure would appreciate it.  Last year when I put all new
wheel cylinders and shoes in my Mog, I had no problem at all.  Thats an older
single stage system though so it's pretty simple.
Now, I've put all new rotors and calipers on my (Non LBC, but of Nordic
origin, it does have Lucas horns, so it can't be all bad) and all I do is
pull air out of the lines.  I tried the old tube in a jar, friend in the car,
method and got nowhere.  I obtained a hand vacuum and pumped till I got
blisters.  It seems that the lines are full of air but I don't seem to be
able to get it out.  This is a later model two stage sytem and has disks all
around with a power boost.  Like I said, it's not an LBC but I use it to tow
them so I need to get it fixed.
Thanx in advance,
DC