Morgan Hint and Question

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Morgan Hint and Question
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: 10 Oct 96
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

Question: Does anyone know of a source for the rubber cup on the "lick
and stick " rear view mirror used on 60's Morgans?
My mirror keeps falling off because the rubber has cracked  and dried
out.
My temp fix has been to cut a piece of old inner tube  and glue it to
the cup. This appears to be working but I expect that the glue will not
hold up in the long term.

Hint: Instead of spit ( or distilled water for the purist) on the
suction cup, us glycerin. Glycerin is available at any drug store and
being much thicker than water will hold the mirror to the glass for
months with out failing since It dosen't dry out in the sun.

Bob Nogueira