side curtains from the 50's.

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: side curtains from the 50's.
From: David Stillinger <dstillin@qualcomm.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 13:57:45 -0800
Hello folks,

I'm new to this group and in the past week have really enjoyed reading all
the useful information that gets posted here. I have a 61 +4 2 seat roadster
that I restored 15 years ago and am in the process of going through it a
second time. This car is a driver and has been nothing but fun. The engine
is really tired though and I've just pulled it for a rebuild. My first
question: what color was the block/head painted as stock? I'm guessing
black, but mine is an ugly blue. Back when I did this car (in the San Diego
area) I didn't know any mog people and I guessed on a lot of issues. I even
found a +8 in the junk yard
that I scavenged a lot of parts from. Wish I'd bought that car....anyway I
was able to find parts in attics, junk yards, and old british car
dealerships. I think I spent $2500 making a real nice stock machine. Over
the years I sold off most of the extra parts, but I still have 2 pair of
side curtains that came off of 2 seat roadsters/ pre sliding windows. I
think vintage 56 to 60 or so. One set is complete with canvas/windows in
place with all the little chrome retaining strips. The other pair is just
the frames. I'd like to see them go to a good home and onto cars if
possible. So, I'd like to trade for something I could use. I never had an
intake filter assembly, just SU carbs..bare, so that would be cool, aluminum
valve cover, some unique enameled mog related badges for the front bumper,
or if someone REALLY would use 'em .... just the shipping $$$.

Anybody bought piston and liners from British Parts NW(ala hemmings) in
Oregon? They are quite a bit less than vic brit and TRF here in the US.
David Stillinger
dstillinger@qualcomm.com