2000

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: 2000
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 22:17:46 -0500
Hey gang,

The wife and #1 son are out of town (on a band competition trip to
NJ) so #2 son and I are going to my mom & dads tonight for dinner.
While I was there, my dad needed some help unloading his new
accquisition from the truck, a 1947 Model 52 Cushmon walk through
scooter.  It is already restored.  We have circa 1952 Sears
scooters that were made by Cushmon to restore.  Just finished tearing
them down and having the frames sandblasted.

After we finished storing the "new" scooter, I was flipping through
"The Encyclopedia of Motorcycles" book that I gave dad last Xmas.
Low and behold I found an obscure hook to Morgans.

Don't know how many of you 4 wheeler types (me included) know much
about the Trikes.  The one thing I always remember is the JAP engine
sitting out front.  For a long time I thought that it was a Japanees
made engine.  I guess that shows my age (or lack there of - only 48)
and my ignorance.

So what does JAP stand for?  It turns out that a Mr. J. A. Prestwich
made engines and a motorcycle from 1903-1908.  After 1908 he quit
making the motorcycle so he could specialize in the engines.
The JAP engine carries his initials.

Later,

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire