RE: conversion comments

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: conversion comments
From: "Steve Bauserman" <sbauserm@actsnet.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 07:46:55 -0600
Thanks for all the feed back.  It was great and kind of what I suspected.

My reasons for this are not total financial.  I do ultimately want a four
seater, but am not opposed to working up to it.  The main reason I am
looking at this car is it is close (Houston), it has not been restored yet,
and I know the person that is selling it.

What I mean is I do not have a lot of time to drive or fly out to look over
a car.

Secondly, I have restored a number of other cars most recently 1970
Mercedes 300SEL.  I have looked at a prices for parts and a Morgan is . . .
Let's just say it hard to find the words to compare the two.  I was at a
club function in Houston and someone said that they had purchased a part
for $8.95 and because of my Mercedes perspective took it to be $895.

Third, I do most of my own work and I tend to be a perfectionist.  I would
rather do a job right the first time than undo or fix someone else's
mistake.  I did a lot of that on the Mercedes.

I really do appreciate the advice.  As to the +4, I am going to go look at
it this afternoon.  The asking price is $4,000.  It is a rolling chassis
with a need for wood, doors, carbs and generator. I figure about $5,000 to
$6,000 and a year to get it running.

I will let you know what I do and probaly be back with at least a thousand
questions.

Stephen F. Bauserman
sbauserm@actsnet.com
The ACTS Group