Morgan videotapes

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Morgan videotapes
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 17:42:30 -0500
Hey gang,

  Enclosed is a copy of some email I received about acquiring some
of the Morgan video tapes listed in our Virtual Libruary.

I'm simply passing on the info.  Usual disclamers.  Personally at
$40-$50 they are too rich for my blood.  But if any of you are
interested, please email the Co. and let them know of your desires.

John

From:  "Autogalerie Ltd." <videos@autogalerie.com>

> We see that you are heavily involved re Morgan.  We also see that your page
>lists the three Morgan tapes that we are aware of.
>
>The tape by Peter Morgan (Lifetime of Morgan) and the one about the making
>of a Morgan (Handmade Morgan) have both been available in the US in NTSC/VHS
>for $49 through another US video retailer.  (That retailer still offers the
>first tape but not the latter.)  To give us an appropriate margin given the
>importing hassle and cost, we would have to charge $37.95.  We would also
>need to have a batch of at least 40 tapes of each title made in NTSC.  Given
>how our Armstrong-Siddeley, Daimler, etc. tapes sit on the shelves, (we
>carry them because we are hopeless enthusiasts as well as automotive video
>retailers of over 1,400 titles), we hesitate to commit to such an expensive
>tape in such numbers unless we are confident of a strong response.
>
>We are not aware of how many people are on the Morgan list.  However many it
>is, do they all have the two tapes already?  Do they care about videotapes?
>Many committed enthusiasts love them, many would never bother.  If they do
>not all have them, is it because the $49 price was too high.  (That is the
>highest price for any auto video except for certain movie titles that are
>overpriced.)
>
>Any help would be appreciated.  We love serving fellow enthusiasts but hate
>getting stuck when doing so.  By the way, I have driven Morgans at Isis and
>know that someday I must have one.
>
>If you consider this enquiry too commercial, I apologize.  We make every
>attempt to respect Net etiquette.  Cedric at Autogalerie.

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!