Cooking in a Morgan

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Cooking in a Morgan
From: "Vodden, Dave" <Dave.Vodden@Telematics.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 97 17:21:00 PST
Bob Nogueira   wrote

> A standard can ( I used Beanie Weenies will fit perfectly between the
> Intake manifold tubes on a Plus 4 ( Got that Will, not  a cross flow) .
> The can bottom sits on the exhaust manifold. Punch a small hole in the
> top and cover the top with aly foil . Thirty minutes at sixty MPH and
> its done.

> Corn on the cob, wrapped in foil with a little water will take 1 hour .

> Water for tea about 25 minutes.

I have been away for a while so I just saw it.

There was an article in a UK Sunday newspaper about 2 years back about how
to cook breakfast on the exhaust manifold of your car.

The essentials of the method seem to be...

Take bacon and sausage and wrap in greased foil
wire to the exhaust manifold
Drive for an hour or so
Stop and eat.

They didn't try water as I recall.

The car judged best was a V12 Jaguar XJS owing to the very large available
exhaust manifold surface.  The risk of loss when wired to a four branch in a

Morgan must be quite high and I can't say I ever tried it.  (It does sound
like an opportunity for breakfast for 4 when journeying to early morning
meets in a four seater)

Dave Vodden
1992 Plus 4 4 seater.
Hampshire UK