Plus 8

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Plus 8
From: "Gary L. Kneisley" <kneisley@ohio.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 14:24:58 -0500
Some observations on pricing and value of the new +8...

Recent price lists from both Cantab and Isis indicate a +8
in the US is selling in the mid-50s with a few accessories.
Isis indicated to me the wait would be 4-5 months, yet their
ad in Hemmings says they are in stock (I suppose this means
you'll need to accept the available color and trim).  Cantab
is suggesting a year or more wait for a car to your
specifications.  Don't forget the Luxury tax of 8%
for the amount over $36,000 on new cars.

So, you see it is not hard to get the price over $60K with a
few trim and functional accessories and tax..

Considering a fair condition 60's vintage +4 is selling today
for more than 20K which when new was less than 3K,  a new +8
in 25 years should sell for $350,000 or more, linearly speaking.

Are they worth it?  .... only a true Mog-phile knows the joy
that long bonnet, throaty rumble, and hard, nimble and very
quick ride can bring?  Much less, the admiring looks from
passers by.

Would you rather have an M-B SLK or Porsche Boxter?
I think not!

Gary