Re: Four seater seats

To: jblair@exis.net
Subject: Re: Four seater seats
From: GOTom@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 23:28:40 -0500 (EST)

<<   I know that we have some 4 place cars on here.  However, if their
 owners don't pop up and give you the answers to your question, let me
 know.  I have a friend (Nelson Warner in Andover, Ct.)  I'll give you
 his phone number.  I'm sure he could help.  He's the original owner
 of his 4 place +4 and he has just finished restoring it.>>

FYI - the following is in response to responses received on this subject.  I
think I have a good picture as to what to do however I appreciate all
comments as Morgs seem to have such a variety of "originality".

The front floorboards, when I got the car, were plywood and in dubious
repair. The rear were tongue and groove.  I have since replaced the front
ones using marine plywood primed with a waterproofer and painted black.  I
haven’t decided what to do about the rear as I have reinstalled the driveline
and springs and this will make putting a solid piece of wood in difficult but
the solid piece would offer a better seal.  I recently ran across an article
(circa early 50’s from an old Autocar review of a “new”” Morg) as it having
tongue and grove floorboards but the article didn’t state what type of wood
it was.  I have rebuilt the wood runners using the old ones as a pattern.
 The previous owner must have been a big dude and turned the runners around
and moved them back to get more leg room.  Several replys have convienced me
that I may need to redo my runners to give the cutout more "body".  At this
point I am still contemplating the situation.  Thanks for the reply.

Tom