MOGLOG

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MOGLOG
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 23:29:35, -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

Just  Found time to look at my Feb issue of the MOGLOG, Texas Moragn
clubs newsletter. Our editor really put together a great issue. Ol' Bill
Boyles manages to find (steal) some great articles to put in it . Since
my sub-hobby is collecting old car magazines the Feb issue really hit
home. Bill has a reprint  of a Tom McCahill road test of a 1953 of a
Plus four.
Of all the Auto journalists McCahill is my favorite. He writes with a
flair and tone which makes you feel your sitting next to him at the bar.
( Sort of a Pete Egan of the fifties).  He was also one of the only
journalists who seems to tell it like it is . Go back and read a Road
and Track or Car and Driver test of a Yugo and you'll find such
euphemism as " Built to a price" "Unadorned" and "Basic transportation"
while Uncle Tom  uses terms like  " My first impression on getting
behind the wheel was that if  I sneezed real hard I'd bust this bucket
wide open like a an over fermented bottle of beer"
Anyway among the  the interesting things  in the article is the price of
a new Morgan,  2800.00 up from 2300.00 . Interestingly he points out
that there is a 7 month waiting list for a new Morgan. and refers to
Morgan as the Snobs MG.     Re performance : "This big engine gives the
Morgan the torque that whips it away from an MG like a canvasback duck
passing a chicken"
I hope Bill stole the article from one of your newsletters.

Tech wise Bill  included the Tuning Guide for the Kent (Ford) engine
from the Morgazette. I'm truly amazed at all the available performance
options for this engine. Will Z.needs to get a copy of this article. It
will give the "thinking Man " something to think about.

Bob Nogueira    Who almost wishes he had a car which needed after market
                            performance parts"