Re: 52 Plus 4 - Steering Wheel, Knobs

To: cigrbill@concentric.net, Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 52 Plus 4 - Steering Wheel, Knobs
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 09:15:26, -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

Bill:
This is not Concours but worked well for me.
1. Fill the cracks with Epoxy Putty ( JB Weld, Marine-Tex , etc) and
sand smooth. Paint the wheel with Black epoxy paint if you wish.
 2. From a sporting goods shop  buy some foam golf club handle tape.
You can get it a lot cheaper in sheets at a large hardware store. It's
just dense foam which his very thin. Wrap the wheel with the foam.
3. To keep the foam from turning on the wheel rim wrap it with that
sticky bandage gauges, ( which is also sold at the sporting good shop as
Golf club tape at three time the price of the drugstore brand)
4. From a Pep Boys buy a 15 inch leather sew on wheel cover. Soak it in
water for 30 minutes and stretch it so it fits over the 16 inch Morgan
wheel.
 Hand sew the cover on the wheel while it is still wet so as it drys and
shrinks it will tighten up around the wheel.
The foam and tape will give the wheel more thickness so the cover fits
tight, the gauges sort of glues the wheel rim, foam and cover together
so it feels like one of the new car wheels  but looks like a vintage
wheel..

Or ;  Buy a new wheel and sell me your old one as I need a wheel for my
Drophead coupe

.Bob Noguiera

 REPLY, Original message follows --------

> Date: Friday, 28-Feb-97 06:59 AM