Brooklands windscreens

To: /R=MPMH/R=IN/R=autox.team.net/U=morgans/FFN=morgans/@mr.mops.wl.com
Subject: Brooklands windscreens
From: Joseph DeLuca <DELUCAJ@mops.wl.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 10:47:01 -0500
Response to Will Z's note (below)

... The area behind the factory windshield doesn't seem to affort space to
permanently mount a brooklands screen and also keep the factory glass
in place...Has anybody out there done something similar??

Will "4/4 Pride" Zehring

Hello Will,

I have the spiffy Brooklands screens mounted between the proper windscreen and
the "small" 3-spoke Motolite steering wheel (standard equipment on the
Competition model).
For many years I frequently got my fingers caught between the screen and the
wheel, which was really annoying.  It was a classical case of sacrificing
comfort for style.

At a flea market I was able to obtain a steering wheel identical to the
Motolite (without the name stamped on it) with a very slight "dish" to it.

As a result, I no longer get my digits pinched and the steering wheel does not
come towards me enough to cause claustrophobia (and I'm a big guy).

Love those flea markets!

Joe DeLuca
Sparta, NJ
'62 4/4