Re: Pukka Cars?

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Pukka Cars?
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 18:31:59 -0400
At 04:10 PM 4/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
>George Mowat-Brown wrote:

>Just what is the definition of "pukka". I've seen it used for years to
>describe cool cars. What's it's origin? It sounds like one of those
>words used by folks in the know. Guess I'm not in the know, (big
>suprise).

I don't know weither it is American or not, but I'd assume that a Pukka
car was a 6' white invisable car with Jimmy Stewart driving or any car
with a 6' white invisable Rabbit driving it.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@nhr.com
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  495-8229

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire