Refugee... The REST of the story...

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Refugee... The REST of the story...
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 07:49:30 -0500 (CDT)
        For those of you who missed the tale (posted it to the Morgan
        list last week).. I had been hosting a 1958 Morgan +4 in my garage
        next to the Green Man last week. The owner had driven it down from
        Wisconsin for our Champaign British Car Festival where it developed
        a blown head gasket. Since delving into my TR4's innards over the
        course of the last ten years, I felt confident that I could fix his
        beast (hey, it's my personal good neighbor policy). It took two days
        to get to and then get the head off (working in the evenings
        after work). Then a quick trip to my favorite local machine shop
        to have the head cleaned and planed (.010 had to be removed).
        The head was back on Saturday, the owner had come down from Wisconsin,
        and with the help of my friend, and Morgan +8 owner, Ron Davis we
        put his Morgan back on the road... Late Saturday the old Morgan was
        on the way to Sheboygan. The owner (and new friend) Art Dejong called
        on Sunday to say  that apart from running a bit hot (until he flushed
the
        radiator the car ran like a top!

        I had an interesting week to say the least... And i got a chance to
        get up close and persnonal with one of my favorite cars...

        Greg "every one gets home" Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois