Re[2]: Making An SU Rich

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>, Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re[2]: Making An SU Rich
From: ebrown@ms.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 18:00:39 -0400
     John- Thanks for your suggestions. I think you've uncovered a few sins
     of omission in my tune up. I DID start with the valves and a cold
     engine and end with the carbs and a warm engine, with the points,
     plugs timing in between. I set the timing at about 1" or maybe 3/4"
     BTDC, with a strobe light. (Don't remember disconnecting a vacuum
     advance. I wonder if there was one?? I'll have to go back and look!!)
     The nice thing about this distributer is adjusting the timing is as
     easy as tuning a radio. No more fiddling around with distributor
     clamps on a running engine.

     Didn't free up all of the linkage, although I remember doing this for
     other cars and know you're right. (This still doesn't help with the
     sticky seat on the #1 carb....) Couldn't remember why this was
     necessary. DID back off the idle.

     Late night tonight!

     (Thanks!)

     Chip Brown