Re: Turning Radius - try a spitfire!

To: sgilbert <sgilbert@wpusd.k12.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Turning Radius - try a spitfire!
From: George Gerth <ggerth@west.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 07:29:23 -0700
sgilbert wrote:

> Morgan Experts,
>
> My 67 4/4 seems to have a very large turning radius!  Do any of you know
> what normal should be?

As others have noted the turning circle on the Morgan is generous, but a
minor irritation to those who can appreciate the "cutting edge
technology" of the Sliding Pillar front suspension!

On the other hand, long before I aquired my +4, I had the pleasure of
owning an early Triumph Spitfire (rear swing axles, more cutting
edge!).  The turning circle was something TINY like 27 feet.  I remember
I could almost make a u-turn in my driveway.  Great fun parallel
parking...

Geo.