Waving

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Waving
From: Fred Kuzyk <msccc@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 10:18:36 -0700
I noticed something else on my test drive having to
do with the hierarchy of waving.  This is a topic that poses an
seemingly
endless number of puzzles to me.  Who deigns to wave to whom?  I've
spoken
at length on the wave relationship between MG, Jag, Mog, and TR owners
and
won't go into it here.  I was surprised to discover motorcyclists will
wave
at Mog drivers.  I've never been waved at by a motorcycle driver when in
any other lbc, but I have *three* times now in the Mog.  Once I even
received a hearty 'thumbs up!' from a fellow on a freeway in
Deeeeetroit.
Can someone suggest why?  As to that TD, what can I say?  I was filled
with
generosity, what with my newly shimmyless Mog and the other fellow only
has
a TD, after all, and... well...  what the heck!

Dear William,
According to one of the Late John Erickson's cartoons, he tells "Sonny"
the proper etiquette in this matter: "the only cars you can wave at
FIRST are other Mogs, 4.5 litre Bentleys, Bugattis, Squires, HRGs and
pre war Astons & Alphas."!
Personally, I've waved first to MGs! I've noticed that amonst some MG
owners & clubs though, they have an attitude that there is ONLY ONE
British car - and it has those two letters in an octagon! Something else
I've noticed is that they also only tend to support MG only affairs.
Pity! There are exceptions, like the MGs that joined the Morgans from
Texas in the run to Alaska. Don't feel bad for acknowledging the TD. It
may have been impossible for that driver to do so! When I hear "As",
"Ts", etc, mentioned; I think of Fords. Cars with more historical
significance than those "orphans".

Fred Kuzyk
msccc@sympatico.ca
'67 Morgan 4/4