RE: Mog 97

To: "'Vodden, Dave'" <Dave.Vodden@Telematics.com>,
Subject: RE: Mog 97
From: Simon J Orebi Gann <simonog@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 19:49:19 +0100
You are of course referring to me and my 15 year old daughter in my +8.  =
My wife and the 17 year old were in the 4/4.

We were not voluntarily using the aeros.  I was in the Morgan series =
race meet on the Sunday at Pembrey (in S Wales: drive West from Bath =
until you get to Boston MA and then back about 100 yards, or so it =
feels) and had brought my car race prepared.  After all the Mog event is =
ALWAYS sunny.  So when Saturday dawned as wet as you described, I had a =
problem.  Not only did I not even have the roof with me, I didn't have =
windscreen or wipers either: all in the garage at home.  So aeros it had =
to be.  The inside of the poor car was so wet that when I came to race =
the next morning, despite it being hot and sunny by then, I still had to =
sit in a puddle of water in the bucket seat - now I know why it's named =
like that!

Simon