Re: Transmission Oil

To: apicciotto@wccusd.k12.ca.us
Subject: Re: Transmission Oil
From: Fred_H._Birkbeck@ieaust.org.au (Fred H. Birkbeck)
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 21:39:08 +1000
Hi Armando,

I think I may have started the discussion on transmission oil for a Moss bo=
x.

Your email was excellent.  Well researched as only a technical Morganophile=
 could do it.

I did not go to the lengths you did, and I salute you on your dedication.

I did, however, load 10W-50 pure synthetic oil (called Shell Helix out here=
 in Australia) into my Moss box.  I found the gearbox runs much cooler, les=
s noise although it still whines in 3rd gear, and the shifting is much smoo=
ther.  Synchro operation appears a little better.

Thanks for your effort.  Next oil change I may experiment with your recomme=
ndations.

Best regards,  Fred Birkbeck - '51 Plus 4