Re: oil cooler spin on oil filter

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re: oil cooler spin on oil filter
From: apicciotto@wccusd.k12.ca.us (Armando Picciotto)
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 07:42:07 -0700
William Zehring wrote:

> Dear mog-o-philes:
>
> I'm sorry that I forgot the name/address of the fellow who reported on his
> installation of an oil cooler in his mog, but I have a question.  I
> recollect that you bought the cooler and the associated spin on oil filter
> adapter from Moss.  Can you tell me the oil filter you are using (brand,
> part number), please?
>
> Many thanks,
> Will Zehring

Will, the filter for the spin-on adaptor from Moss is a FRAM PH3600.
But I don't understand the connection between it and the oil cooler.
They are two separate kits.  The cooler adaptor goes between the engine
and the filter head.  The spin-on adaptor goes between the filter and
the filter head.  You can get one without the other one.

Armando Picciotto
'63 +4