paper filters

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: paper filters
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 07:55:10 -0400
Dear mog-o-philes:

I've received the paper oil filters from Penny for my 4/4 and have the
unfounded hope that I'll get to this during the weekend (I am hopelessly
behind schedule in virtually every aspect of my existence these days, with
the possible exception of personal hygiene).  I've never replaced this type
of filter.  Are there any tidbits of advice I could use?  Should the filter
be 'pre-wetted' for instance???  Car guy friends have horror stories of
changing the paper (cloth?) filter on E-types, and thredding the long bolt
into an oil passage instead of into the proper place, turning the engine on
and having buckets of oil on the floor a minute later.  What fun!  This
thing is smaller and much more accessible than the filter on an XK engine,
so I think I'm ready...

Cheers, and have a great weekend,
Will Zehring