Re: Is there a Morgan son/switches/early +8 dash

To: jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk, muirsinc@mars.ark.com
Subject: Re: Is there a Morgan son/switches/early +8 dash
From: LanceKL@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 18:16:01 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-29 21:43:53 EDT, jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk writes:

<< The big rocker switches were Lucas items, I think and are unreasonably
 expensive in the UK. I have seen them in Jaguars and Fords of the period
 and mine came from a scrapyard.

Not only are they expensive, but they tend to break due to the vibration in
the Morgan. They are a two piece affair with little tabs that snap the two
halves together.  After a while the tabs crack and the back of the switch
comes off.  Had this happen with my headlight switch at night.  The back
portion of the switch is live when the springs propelled it back and when it
swung forward, it fused itself to my brake lever, blowing the fuses.

I now epoxy the seam on the back of the switch and have not had one break in
over 8 years.

Lance Lipscomb
Mog South - 81 Plus 8