Re: Old is new

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Old is new
From: Fred Kuzyk <msccc@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 09:45:42 -0700
Les Burkholder wrote:

> Fred
> You are right Curly did have a Morgan / Motorcyle dealership in Windsor,
> Ontario. Spent many an evening at the dealership with other sports car
> types, just hanging out.  Curly was a great person and very helpfull.
> Sadly, he died three years ago.  I am not sure if the garage is still
> there or not. I was there in 53 - 57 and returned to buy a 62 Morgan DH
> from Curly. Dave Elcombe (long time friend, still keep in contact) will
> know for sure as he was a close friend of Curly's.Dave was looking after
> him the last few years.  Dave's Address is  111 Queen Street,
> Kingsville Ont. N9Y 2A1 Canada.
> I think it was you who said somthing about Rattlesnake Hill.  I attended
> some of the hill climbs there, way back when.
> Just another Old Tart who still drives a Morgan. Now it is a 69 4/4 four
> seater.  Wish I still had the DH, but sold it in Los Angeles in 65. Does
> anyone know of a Black DH with Red Leather interior, sold in the LA
> area????
> Hope this is some help to Peter.
> Les from Gibsons BC

Les,
Nice to hear from you! Please say "Hi" to Dave. We met him on our Pelee
Island trip we staged a couple of years ago. Heard via this list that he
was racing the trike at Pittsburgh this year. Saw his trike race at the
Christie Sprints outside Hamilton, in 1995. Sadly, Christie is no more.
Nice weekend event & 3 trikes raced that year!

Rattlesnake Point is a neat spot! We drive up it quite often & it has
been a part (downbound) of our British Car Toy Run event for charity. We
drove past it, rather than down, this last Sept 28, as we had about 140
cars in convoy with police escort! The Rolls do have a problem with
those turns! Alas, hill climbs are relagated to the past around here,
these days!

Great weather of late here. We're doing a cruise tomorrow & maybe will
assault Rattlesnake one more time! Hope things are sunny in BC & that
you find some info on the DH! You might try J. Dale Barry's (of the Plus
4 Club) North American Morgan Register database. He might have some
records on the serial #?  Call: (310) 649-2796, or try their club's
webpage.

Good Hunting!
-Fred