Morgan Handbrake cable

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net, bob_bopp@classic.msn.com
Subject: Morgan Handbrake cable
From: Grywiz@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 20:41:32 -0400 (EDT)
I just replaced my handbrake cable with an original from the factory.  It
comes with a complete assembly for the rear end with a braised-on brass
bushing to go in the clevis pin at the back.  The front end is left
unassembled because you have to be able to thread the plain cable....etc...My
question is what do you do to the front end of the cable?  They supply a nice
brass end piece to fit in the clevis, but no way of securing it...as a
temporary solution, I've put on a piece that fits the clevis well and has a
bolt to screw down onto the cable to hold it fast....obviously not the
factory solution!  Fred is pretty sure I can't rely on this...Does anyone
know the "Right" way to do it?
Thanks in advance
Peter