MOG Dinner

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MOG Dinner
From: FPS3 <FPS3@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 01:04:29 EST
It's 1AM & I should be sleeping.. However I am on a high & just had to pass it
on.
I am in FL for the Disney IRL racing exibition. Staying at Best Western in
Winter Park which is owned by a fellow trike owner, Rick Frazee. Had the most
interesting "Car Guy" dinner of  my life. Three trike owners, a 36 4/4 owner,
+8 owner, 4/4 owner & a Sanford three-wheeler owner.
Now I am the poor guy here- I do what I do because I can't afford to have it
done. BUT- here is a partial list of cars owned by the six people at dinner.
38 f-type Morgan Trike
31 JAP Morgan SuperSports Trike
36 Matchless SuperSports Trike
32 Ruby powered Sanford Trike
72 +8 Morgan
71 +8 Morgan
69 4/4 Morgan
XK8 Jag
XK8 Jag
37 4/4 Morgan
Porsche 911
67 +4 Morgan 4 str
67 +4 Morgan
4 Minis
MGB V8
MGA twin cam
3 AH 100's
Russian army "Duck"
MGA
Mercedes SSK
Auto Union (ex Tazio Nuvolari) No sh-t!
3 Packards (& looking for a $150.00 three-element headlight bulb)
67 Land Rover
55 +4 Morgan 37 Harley
67 Triumph Bonneville
/2 BMW w/Steib sidecar
DKW (pre-war)
Austin Gypsy (Brit Jeepster)
Jag MK2
Jag MK2
Jag XJS
WW11 jeep
at least 16 other collector cars that I have forgot already!
VW Thing (mine)

Most interesting dinner conversation. Only two mechanics allowed to start the
Auto Union- Packard bulbs are unobtainable-Sanford has a four-speed- One AH100
has 300 miles from new- Stutz Beacat and thirty more Stutz's owned by guy with
no indoor plumbing & thousands in gold coins buried in his yard- Dusenberg
restoration tales- guy with 2 GT40's, 2 ISO Griffos, thirty more cars with
Farrari P4 body on the roof of his chicken coupe (I've seen that...) & on &
on...

sweet dreams.....
Fred Sisson