rant mode on

To: "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: rant mode on
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 98 20:33:23 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

Okay folks got to vent here a bit ;

If you'll remember on the way back from Alaska I had a kid in So. Dakota
run into the front right fender of my Plus 4 and  put a grapefruit size dent
in it.  I took it to his insurance company State Farm who looked at it and
said they would get back with me. A week leater they sent me a check for
$225.00 .
Thinking that that wasn't even going to cove the cost of materials, I took
it to EL CHEAPO Body and Fender and ask if they  would fix it for 225.00.
They laughed and said they would do it and handle the insurance co . I
declined, I'll do it my self, but went by to see a friend who owns a body
shop and he said he'd call the insurance co and put in for a supplemental
payment .   Went by today and sure enough he managed to get them to up the
payment with no problem to  550.00.
What a  scam.

Second Rant
Been working on the Drophead.  This is the car which I bought 13 years ago
which  had run into a telephone pole at 30 MPH hitting the pole dead center
head on. I have the bumper hanging on the garage wall . Its a perfect U
shape and you can tell  the diameter of the pole from the bumper ( the
timing chain cover was actually crushed Well  I built a new body tub
mounted to a good chassis . the fenders were bent pretty bad and I've had to
 actually cut out and replace the  inner section  of one fender
Now you'd think that my big problem would be straightening out the fenders,
right ?
NO. Had the accident damage roughed out pretty quickly.  My big problem is
WHAT SOME DUMP OWNER did or had done,  They drilled  48 holes to mount the
fender to the  body . some of the holes are 3/8 of and inch in dia . All are
along the edge thus welding  may warp the metal.  Many  are actually in the
part of the fender which is suppost to be exposed.  I knew the car had some
pretty bizarre stuff done to it when I bought it.  The interior was done in
No Tell Motel  Shag carpet from the sixties.  Carpet is one thing but  why
do  you need 48 bolts to hold a three foot section of a fender to the body
with 3/8 inch bolts ?????

The accident damage I can accept but I have a problem with damage due to
stupidity .Rant  mode off

Thanks  for letting me vent ( They  don't understand all this at the office.
)

Bob Nogueira
1964 Plus 4 ' Duchess '
1962 Plus 4  DHC ' Swiss Cheese '