RE: Gemmer Steering

To: "'NORWOOD'" <norwood@email.msn.com>,
Subject: RE: Gemmer Steering
From: Ray Rudzki <ray@millicom.clara.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 15:58:30 -0000
Hello George,
Pleased to see that our spiral bushes are working well.
Difficult to say how long they will last, depends on the road etc.

With regular oiling and greasing, you can get another 15,000 miles or so.

Gemmer Steering box;
jack up the car at the front,
undo the steering box lock nut, tighten the adjusting screw a little.
Nip it up, check the steering motion (via s-wheel) is not tight, tighten the
lock nut,
and hey presto a little slop removed,
if this does'nt work the steering box need looking at.

Regards

Melvyn