Stuff

Subject: Stuff
From: arlo j levisen <alevisen@gdhscats.org>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 17:54:16 +0000
Well, I got my front bumper fixed.  A Minnesota farmer/mechanic fixed it
and I don't think I will have to worry about this part falling off again
for about another 50 years.  The original plan to make them meet EPA
standards in the mid-1980's did not seem to consider the degree of
vibration created by the suspension system.  I think we are okay now
though!!

I also found the article in the January 26, 1998, issue of Forbes
magazine.  It is on the top of the page under "Nostalgia".  Doesn't say
much, but is interesting.

I also received my March, 1998, issue of the Automobile magazine and in
it is an article about the Morgan Plus 8.  I did not realize that we
here in the US now get a 4.0 liter Land Rover Discovery engine - as
opposed to a 3.9, I presume, Range Rover engine.  Are there really two
(2) separate Rover engines one-tenth of a liter different in size?

The article then says the 4.6 liter Rover engine is only an option in
Europe?  Why do we get stiffed?  I also wonder how the suspension system
really handles the 4.6 liter when my car with the 3.5 liter bounces all
over the place when I take it up to into the 110+ mph range.  I plan to
be in Switzerland before too long.  Maybe I will be able to rent one and
find out!  I'm sure the chances of that are slim and none!!

This week our Morgan goes into the shop to have the windshield replaced
and the hole in the rear fender repaired.  I am pretty much getting it
back into shape after our "shakedown" cruise over the Holidays.  In
reality, this car is no different from the other antiques we drive
around here on a daily basis - just more so!

I hope you are enjoying your Sunday.  Arlo Levisen