water pump rebuilding

To: KentS35681@aol.com
Subject: water pump rebuilding
From: FPS3 <FPS3@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 17:36:41 EST
I just recieved two water pumps back from a rebuilder, O&G Waterpumps in
Lubbock, TX. Total cost around $80.00 each. These were English Ford pumps-
about the same size as the TR/Morgan pumps- not real common pumps.

I gotta tell you, I am really impressed!!!  They seem to have been in business
"since dirt" and flat know pumps. At first I thought the price was a bit high
as NOS ENFO pumps can (at times) be had for 40-50 bucks. Of course they have
30-40 year-old seals, may have been rebuilt by ???....

Guy at O&G told me that Brits use junky seals- said that Jag pump seals are a
joke. I believe him. He uses heavy duty bearings too- big help- esp for TR
pumps that take a lot of side-load with that fat belt.
With no hassel- they replaced the shafts, put in heavy-duty bearings and
modern high-tech seals. (where in the he-- did they get the shafts for ENFO
pumps??) The pumps are now brand-new- they even sent gaskets- and a two-day
turn around.

I'm impressed. Don't think I'll ever buy another new /rebuilt pump. I'll have
mine rebuilt by this firm. Though I'd pass it on. I would recommend them
without reservation...

O&G Waterpump
4402 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX 79404