Re: Gasoline tanks?

To: arlo j levisen <alevisen@gdhscats.org>
Subject: Re: Gasoline tanks?
From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 21:01:44 +0100
arlo j levisen <alevisen@gdhscats.org> writes

Snip
>I personally do not know, cannot recall reading about it in the three
>reference books I have - but the second gas cap is symbolic of
>something, I suppose.
>

>From what I can find in the books larger or baffled tanks were regularly
fitted, but there isn't much said about twin fillers. In racing practice
back in the '30s they were normally provided for filling either side and
providing a large vent, to enable fast filling- some of pit stop
photographs, (Klemenski?), show the fuel churns upended on one filler
and the other filler thrown open.

The two fillers on a +8 were I understood to allow you to fill the car
from either side and to provide a large tank vent for filling very
quickly, (presumably a throwback to the above!).

--
Jeremy Edwards
1972 Morgan 4/4