First the belt now the chain

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: First the belt now the chain
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 23:39:07 EDT
The F2 is proving to be an interesting ride.  Went to the local store to pick
up some eggs for the mornings French Toast for my team swimming sons who have
an early meet.  Nice lady stops to admire the car, says "Oh does it break down
a lot, I have a spitfire and it's always broken down."  "Naw, I reply putting
on a brave face, totally reliable"   Pulled out of the parking lot, wound it
up in first pretty good ( probably oh at least the frightening speed of 15 MPH
!!) pushed it into neutral then waited for the gears to line up (no synchros,
of course, this is a 1936 ) pushed it into second and whirrrrrrrr  (notice I
did not say ROAR), engine turns over no power to the wheels.  Sheesh, I guess
I lost second gear, into third, Whirrrrrr, no power to the wheels, back into
first, whirrrrr, no power to the wheels.  Oh sh--. that noisy throw out
bearing finally did give away and broke something.  Drift to the side of the
road.  Shut off the engine.  Start to walk back to the store.  No, I didn't
bring the phone AGAIN.  (When will I learn).  The word CHAIN leaps to mind and
I turn and there, hanging down to the ground is the drive chain !!!  AHA!   A
quick examination shows that one of the chain adjusting bolts has bent itself,
(notice I blame the bolt, not the washboard mile long gravel driveway I make
this thing suffer through each time we go for a ride) allowing the rear wheel
to shift to the front, releasing tension on the chain. AH I think I can fix it
enough to get home.  BEEP, BEEP, nice lady spitfire owner pulls up,  "Need
some help "?? Oh no problem, minor Morgan maintenance problem, have it fixed
in a flash, as I scratch my nose with greasy fingers.  HEH HEH.  She,  "I'll
wait and follow you home"  , Me  "Well, thet's not necessary, but thanks"  Got
the chain back on, nice lady followed me home. I'll pick up a new botl in the
morning.

The F2 seems to attract women !!!  I could be lying dead along the road with
the TR3 and they wouldn't stop.

Any advice on how to align the rear wheel ?

Bob Paul