Re: new list

To: "L.D. McLaughlin, Jr." <ldmcjr@zebra.net>
Subject: Re: new list
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 13:08:11 +0400
Hey Tony,

Just visited the new and improved Morganville site and am much
impressed... Very well executed! Congratulations on a job well
undertaken... I doubt that it will ever be "done."

A couple of items you might consider adding to your bibliography:

THE MORGAN EXPERIENCE, Video, Produced by Lindsay Porter in England
(though there is some US footage) is an EXCELLENT effort overall.
Being English, the sound track is somewhat exuberant and sometimes
intrusive but the footage is dynamite, particularly the historical
footage of hillclimbs and whatnot. Castrol underwrote the effort so
there is some fairly heavy-handed product placement but the sections
on History (including racing), Restoration, Road Tests, and the
Buyer's Guide make this the best Morgan video I am aware of, far
better than the very good History Channel effort.  (Copyr date 1990, I
bought my copy from one of the mail order magazine advertisers within
the last year so it should be readily available.)  Highly recommended.

MORGAN (subtitled First and Last of the Real Sportscars, not to be
confused with the Bowden effort), pb booklet, text by Charles Morgan,
photos copyr by Morgan Motor Co. Ltd. Printed in UK in 1994. No
publisher listed, presumed to be Morgan Motor Co. Ltd.  This 107 page
6" X 8" booklet is the company's own take on their developement and is
profusely illustrated (some photos are also found in other works) with
black and white photos and line art.  I bought my copy at The Works in
1995 and suspect that it is probably still available directly from
them.  It is well worth the nominal charge.  Highly recommended.

THE MORGAN THREE-WHEELER INSTRUCTION BOOK. Published by the Morgan
Motor Co., Ltd as the operator's manual for new Trikes, this 34 page
pb booklet is (so far as I know) still available in reprint from the
Morgan Three-Wheeler Club in the UK.  Fascinatin' readin' including
sections on lubrication, suspension, brakes, etc., etc.  (You might be
interested to note that when this booklet was first published Morgan's
phone number was 106.)

NO MORE TWINS by Clarrie Coombs. Published in 1966 by the Morgan
Three-Wheeler Club as a history of the Morgan Three-Wheeler Club this
makes for fascinating reading, at least for Trikesters.  (So far as I
know, still available in reprint from the Morgan Three-Wheeler Club in
the UK.)

THE J.A.P BOOK (beautifully rewickered by Clarrie Coombs in 1996).  Of
interest to anyone with a Morgan powered by the redoubtable J. A.
Preswich engine.  Many, many high quality CAD drawings. Probably
available only from Clarrie, may God bless and keep him.

THREE-WHEELERS, From Morgan to Messerschmitt, Benz to Bond and
Beyond‹Chris Rees.  General info on the how and why of Three-Wheelers
including, of course, much Morgan info.

Again, Tony, congratulations on your web pages.

--Colin Cobb, Las Cruces, NM, USA