Sticky throttle cable -= Plus 4

To: "Morgan News Group" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Sticky throttle cable -= Plus 4
From: "Fred Schuchard" <fschuch@jaguarsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 23:01:19 -0400
Any ideas on throttle cable installation on a '63 Plus 4 DHC? I installed a
new cable and it is still "sticky." The pedal and the carb linkage are not
the problem - they both move freely. I think I've done all of the obvious
things - straight leads to the pedal and to the carb bellcrank, gentle
turns in the cable sheath, and lubricating the cable. The binding only
occurs when pushing down on the throttle pedal not when releasing it. Any
and all comments would certainly be appreciated!

Many thanks,

Fred Schuchard
Bridgeton, NJ
fschuch@jaguarsystems.com