Re: Michigan Trip

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Michigan Trip
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 17:12:35 -0400
At 01:16 PM 7/17/98 +0300, arlo j levisen wrote:

>DFLer's: we returned from our "Morgan jaunt" through MN, WI and into the
>great state of Michigan.  Our purpose was essentially twofold: to attend
>the "Mad Dogs and Englishmen" Car Show at Hickory Corners and visit
>relatives. We accomplished both......

Glad to hear that Arlo.  Sounds like you had a lot of fun.  One question
though.  Did you tow a trailer or have a support car with you?

I remember going to Canada from Virginia for 10 days with my girlfriend
when I was 19.  We took her MGB that had a lugage rack.  I was supprised
that we really didn't need that much room.  However, there is much more
room in the "B" than there is in the Morgan.  Not to mention that the "B"
rids a little smoother.

On the one hand I admire you and Bob N. for you excursions, however,
with the temps here in the 90s to 100, I find that I must be an old
fart as I really like my air conditioning and the cup holders in my
89 Voyager van.  Can't imagine driving the Morgan that far.

Actually, in the Fall, Winter, and Spring, driving it isn't so bad.

John (I really like my A/C)

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V