Jaunt Update

Subject: Jaunt Update
From: arlo j levisen <alevisen@gdhscats.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 09:22:21 +0300
DFLer's:  we do not tow a trailer behind our Morgan.  Rather, we have a
fairly large American Tourister hard-sided suitcase that we strap onto
the luggage rack.  I did have to acquire side mirrors for each door (not
the front wings because they vibrate so much as to be useless) so that I
would have rear visibility.  There is also some space under the tonneau
for a number of items - as well as for the top and side curtains.  We
have been gone as long as 12 days with this arrangement.

When you analyze the "stuff" most people carry with them on a trip of
any sort, a good deal of it comes back unused anyway.  It is not all
that tough to travel light.  We used to be "bigtime" backpackers and
have walked through good parts of SD/MT/WY/CO/ID/UT.  The basic concepts
aren't any different.  (I would love to still be able to do it, but I
now have rheumatoid arthritis and walking around the field at a car show
is an accomplishment!)

Having a "support car" is a theme common to the owners of earlier
British sports cars than our '87 Morgan.  We do also own a '77 Triumph
Spitfire and we do understand the need.  In my view, our Morgan is
dead-on reliable mechanically.  The various problems we have had with
our car in the past 16,000 miles have either been simply the risks one
takes on the road - or due to human error.  The car itself has performed
perfectly, as I expect and want it to.

I did just receive my copy of the Minnesota Morgan Club's Newsletter and
noted that only 1 Morgan made it to the British event in Duluth in June.

I also noted someone was asking about "Morgan Models".  In Michigan we
came in contact with this company for the first time:

     The Triple C Company    www.triple-c.com
     1900 Orange Street
     York, PA. 17404
     (888) 854-4081

We found they carried numerous Morgan items and offer a catalog in which
they offer a choice of Morgan models.  They have quite an array of
apparel with the Morgan logos on it.

I have a question:  how many grease nipples should I ber able to find on
a Morgan Plus 8 of my vintage?  Everytime I take it in to be greased we
can find only three (3) - two (2) on the sliding pillars and one (1) on
the rear of the drive shaft.  Is this it?

Thanks,

Arlo Levisen, Revillo, SD  '87 Plus 8