Re: Help Again Please

To: toad <toad@storm.ca>
Subject: Re: Help Again Please
From: Steve Moore <steve.moore@cnetns.tcp.csiro.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 13:09:00 +1000
It's funny but they all do that. If yours was not doing it before there
must have been something wrong!

Seriously, check for wear on the INSIDE of the front brass hinge bracket.
The hinges wear a groove into these and can then ride forward. The cowl
might also need adjusting, the bolt holes are elongated to allow this. If
all else fails there are these little triagular rubber thingies you can put
on the bonnet corners which seem to solve the problem. Melvyl amongst
others probably stock them.

Steve Moore

>Another question for the knowledgeable
>I have just finished re-installing the rad after having the rad
>re-cored.  To remove the rad I first removed the grill, shroud/surround,
>and hood.  Now that the rad is re-installed and all the pieces back in
>place I find that the hood is travelling slightly forward and fretting
>the paint on the shroud/surround.  My question is, "Why is this
>happening and what can I do to prevent the hood from moving forward?"
>
>Thanks all
>
>Toad.

Please Note new Phone and Fax numbers

Dr. Stephen Moore
Group Leader - Livestock Improvement Program

CSIRO Tropical Agriculture
Molecular Animal Genetics Centre
Level 3, Gehrmann Laboratories
University of Queensland