Rear axle info needed

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rear axle info needed
From: jpavone@vanstar.com
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 07:16:41 -0700
I currently own a 1959 Morgan 4/4 with 16 inch wheels, a stock 1600
crossflow and 4 speed trans. It still has the stock 4.4 ratio 6HA rear
axle. I would like to upgrade this to a stronger axle with a lower overall
ratio. I may be able to obtain a 7HA (phase 1) axle with a 4.56 ratio for a
reasonable price but I would prefer a ratio of 4.1.  Is it possible to
obtain a 4.1 ring and pinion for this axle at a reasonable cost? or.. Can
an rear axle from another marque be used instead? And if so, what mods
would be need?   Any help would be appreciated.

John