Re: Morris 8 Brake Parts

To: toad@storm.ca, brgmgb@napanet.net
Subject: Re: Morris 8 Brake Parts
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 14:24:17 EDT
Toad...

Are you converting or rebuilding? If converting, may I suggest Spitfire rear
brakes (single leading shoe) or better- GT6 rear brakes (1" larger drum- I got
'em & love 'em). In fact, I have a couple of Spitfire drums, modified for a
trike that I'd sell cheap. I can get you everything you need from local Brit
boneyard.

If you are rebuilding- you probably have steel drums (not turnable I am told.
Shoes can be relined for 4-5 bucks a shoe. Wheel cylinders can be rebuilt too.

If you are looking for Morris 8 stuff 'cuz the old books say that is the way
to go... they were written before the era of the Spitfire... & can't help you.
Might contact Chris Towner as he has Morris 8 on his car- probably has located
a source in the last nine years..

Fred Sisson