Trans (afterthought!)

To: "Steve Gilbert" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Trans (afterthought!)
From: "Fred Schuchard" <fschuch@jaguarsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 22:55:01 -0400
Hi Steve,

Yep, it's me again! I just happened to think of another possibility that
would make your car difficult to get in and out of gear and that is whether
or not your clutch is fully disengaging when the pedal is depressed. If
there's any "drag" on the transmission while your shifting, it will cause
your problem. A good test would be to repeatedly put the transmission into
reverse - if it grinds slightly each time, you either have your pedal
linkage out of adjustment or have a hydraulic problem. Even a worn release
bearing could cause hard shifting.

Fred Schuchard