RE: Gaps

To: "'Bob Nogueira'" <nogera@prodigy.net>,
Subject: RE: Gaps
From: sbauserman@actsnet.com
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 06:23:11 -0500
Bob:

When I was adding Scarlet's rear seat recently I was horrified at one point
by the lack of stiffness.  I has the frame that supports the boot tray out
and leanned over the rear of the car hand felt everything move.  My first
thought was that I must have something wrong and started looking for missing
screws and bolts or bad wood.  Finding neither I put my new frame and the
new bulkhead in place.  I tried moving things again and was amazed to find
the thing to be very solid.

Scarlet is not a DHC, and I have no knowledge of DHC design, but the
principle I was trying to point out was that all the parts work together to
form a solid (or as solid as a Morgan gets) unit.

I would also suspect that you are right about the ears.  Scarlet has
something similar and they function in the same manner.

Steve Bauserman
67 Morgan 4/4 (Scarlet)