Re: 16" Tire (or Tyre) Options

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 16" Tire (or Tyre) Options
From: jpavone@vanstar.com
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 07:19:02 -0700
I currently run 5.26 x 16" Avon Tourists on my 59 4/4.   These apparently
are no longer available in the US but can be order ed through Vintage Tire
LTD of Canada (902) 228-2335. Similar sized Dunlop bias-ply tires can be
bought through British Wire Wheel in California. Coker tire has a Michelin
Xcourse radial tire in 550R16 which has a cross-section of 6.2". I'm not
sure if this would foul the front springs though as it may be a bit wide. I
personally like the bias ply tires as they look correct and are more
communicative than radials. But they don't handle as well in the wet and
probably won't last as long.

John